TESL Sask Award of Merit
The TESL Sask Award of Merit is awarded to language training professionals and current TESL Sask members for outstanding service in the TESL field; either remarkable contributions in the areas of classroom teaching, administration, professional development or community involvement; and goes above and beyond the standard expectations in their career.
The candidates are nominated annually by peers from the TESL Sask membership and are recognized at the provincial level.
- Nominations for the TESL Sask Award of Merit are to be submitted by March 31st to the following address:
Regina, SK S4S 7K3
- Nomination letters should include:
- a short profile of the nominee (including full name and contact information),
- an outline of his or her contributions to TESL Sask, schools, programs, and community (include teaching, administrative, teacher training, and community activities)
- Successful applicants will receive notification in April via e-mail.
- Award winners will be announced at the annual TESL Sask Conference.
Past recipients of the TESL SK Award of Merit:
Carol Moran, Moose Jaw – 2014
Lisa Krol, Saskatoon – 2011
Shannon Storey, Saskatoon – 2010
Larraine Ratzlaff, Saskatoon – 2009
Mary Chapuis, Saskatoon – 2006
Bula Ghosh, Swift Current – 2004
Joyce Vandall, Regina – 2003
Marge Nainaar, Prince Albert – 2002
Jake Kutarna, Lumsden – 2001
John Lingard, Saskatoon – 2001
Anand Vaid, Regina (Awarded Posthumously)
Ellen Gillies, White City – 2000
Gayvin Franson, Saskatoon – 1999
Mary Ormiston, Saskatoon – 1998
Harlan Weidenhammer, Saskatoon -1997
Elfrieda Dueck, Saskatoon – 1996
Donna Woloshyn, Regina – 1995
Ruth Epstein, Saskatoon – 1994
Estelle Anthony, Regina – 1993
Penthes Rubrecht, Regina – 1992
Shirley Fredeen, Saskatoon – 1991