Closes: May 20, 2023
Global Gathering Place (GGP)
315 25th St E, Saskatoon, SK
Since 1998, Global Gathering Place (GGP) has remained dedicated to helping refugees and immigrants integrate and thrive in Canada. By delivering critical services, English classes, and a full calendar of programs, we work hard in service of our vision: A society where newcomers to Canada are fully engaged and valued. Our LINC Instructors ensure the planning and successful delivery of language instruction and assessment to clients registered with our language programs. The ideal candidate has a post-secondary education, minimum CERTESL certificate or equivalent, and teaching experience.
- Teaches assigned classes at assigned times and location.
- Keeps the classroom neat and organized and board displays reflective of or supporting student learning.
- Supports student learning by providing appropriate instruction based on program guidelines and evaluations, particularly with regard to the Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB) and Portfolio-Based Language Assessment (PBLA).
- Meets learning objectives through design and implementation of unit plans, curricula, and real-life learning based on students needs and goals, approved modules/themes, and benchmark levels.
- Maintains regular student records, attendance, and progress on the database.
- Prepares monthly/quarterly reports, progress reports, and other program-related documents when needed.
- Collaborates with administrative staff to coordinate placements, transfers, graduations and exits, and resolve student concerns.
- In collaboration with the ESL Team Lead, makes substitute arrangements for missed classes.
- Facilitates appropriate referrals and access to services to respond to student needs.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
How to apply: Applicants should submit a cover letter and their resumes along with three references to: [email protected]
See the full job description here: https://globalgatheringplace.com/esl-instructor-2/