We have a few updates and opportunities to share with you this afternoon.
- CISSA-ACSEI Update – Response for carrying over unused funds from one FY to the next
- One of the points mentioned in the CISSA-ACSEI document that was sent earlier in the month was about giving the sector opportunity to carry over unused CA funds from one fiscal year to the next fiscal year. Unfortunately, current Treasury Board guidelines clarified to IRCC that they do not permit CA holders to allow this carry over.
- Please see attached document for the full response from ADM Fraser Valentine about this
- OCMS Client Management System
- OCASI has been offering a Client Management system (OCMS) since 2014, with the original inception in 2010 as an Online Tracking and Information system (OTIS) that was created for SWIS and LSP serving agencies. OCMS was created as a solution for the sector with help from other sector agencies.
- OCMS has established a high mark for quality and responsive service for a product that truly was, and continues to be the first in the immigrant and refugee-serving sector. The system is better than ever after a move to a new online platform on Microsoft Azure™
- The main functionalities of OCMS:
- Able to upload Client information, Information & Orientation, Community Connections, Needs Assessment and Language forms directly to iCARE.
- Detailed real-time reports on individual and group activities that can be easily exported in a variety of formats.
- Option to add your own information by adding custom questions to all forms and report on them.
- Offering monthly webinar training, self-directed training, a full knowledgebase of both written and video tutorials including a ticketed support system.
- No additional charges for upgrades made to iCARE services such as changes to bulk uploads or forms.
- OCASI is in the process of translating OCMS to be a bilingual platform by the end of this fiscal year.
- You can find more about the OCMS Client Management System through the following video : http://bit.ly/2MVLUkv and contact [email protected] to explore your options
- IRCC Call for Proposals
- IRCC has opened a call for proposals that is intended to provide capacity building for the private sponsorship of refugees.
- Applications need to be submitted by Feb 15th, 2021 at 3:00 PM.
- 2 webinars will be offered(1 in French and 1 in English). The times and dates for these webinars will be released by IRCC at a later time
- You can find more information at about this CFP at : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/partners-service-providers/funding/call-proposal-private-sponsorship-capacity.html
Feel free to reach out if you have any questions or concerns at all about any of these items.
Thanks and take care
Executive Director | SAISIA