The TESL Canadian Educational Foundation (TCEF)
Professional Learning Participation Grant
TESL Canada is happy to announce the $250 TCEF Professional Learning Participation
Grant to support four TESL Canada members to participate in an online professional learning
opportunity (e.g. registration for an online webinar or conference, a short online professional
Applicants must be
1. a TESL Canada member at the time of application. New members are welcome to apply
2. certified by TESL Canada or by a province
To be considered for one of these awards, please:
1. Submit a letter of interest (300 words) that clearly explains (1) why you are applying for
this professional learning participation grant, (2) how it might benefit your
teaching/research, and (3) your individual need for this support.
2. Submit one letter of support from a colleague or a person in a supervisory role that
supports your professional learning participation.
• Applicants must submit their letter of interest (PDF document) before June 1st, 2020 to
[email protected] and [email protected]
Subject line: TCEF Professional Learning Participation Grant
• Applicants must ensure that their letter of support is received by June 1st, 2020
• Award recipient will be informed within 15 business days.
• Grantees must show evidence of registration in the online professional learning
opportunity to receive the award.
The applicant will:
• demonstrate a clear connection between the target learning opportunity in relation to their
• demonstrate a need for financial support;
• demonstrate involvement within a local/provincial association and/or within English
language learning community (service, volunteer, etc);
• write a brief report of the professional learning opportunity for TESL Canada’s
newsletter- TESL Canada Connects.
• All applications will be reviewed by three board members and preference will be given to
those who clearly address the selection criteria.
Apply today for your TCEF Professional Learning Participation Grant