On March 15, 2020, the TESL Saskatchewan Board of Directors met to discuss the conference committee’s recommendation to postpone the 2020 TESL Sask / SK TEAL Conference. With recent developments related to limitations on large gatherings and social distancing to reduce the spread of COVID-19, it was unanimously confirmed that the conference be postponed until further notice. Here are a few key information items to address questions you may have:
- The dates for the rescheduling of the conference are still to be determined. The conference committee will work with the boards of TESL Sask and SK TEAL as well as with the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel in Regina to determine dates that work well for all parties and communicate the rescheduled dates as soon as they have been decided.
- Full refunds will be issued within the next 30 days.
- We are grateful for our keynotes and presenters who had committed to the conference and for their flexibility with not presenting at the originally scheduled time. More information will be given regarding changes to the conference schedule once decisions have been made.
- The annual general meeting (AGM) of TESL Sask members will also need to be rescheduled, though we are considering holding a meeting by Zoom within the next several months. More information will be provided when details have been determined.
- The TESL Sask Board will work to provide additional PD events over the next several months in lieu of the conference being held in April. More information will be provided in the coming weeks.
Thank you for your understanding for the need to postpone the conference at this time. We value your engagement and will surely miss the opportunities to connect and develop professionally as planned in April. However, we look forward to continuing to work on plans for additional PD events and with providing you with additional information regarding the AGM and the rescheduling of the conference in the coming days and weeks.
Darren C. Gordon, EdD
Chair, TESL Saskatchewan Board of Directors
Email: [email protected]